Monday, January 21, 2013

21 - Here Comes The Boom (Jan 21)

Before I make a review of this movie let me just say that Kevin James is one handsome dude. Take that on the record. I think he is and I do think so. It must be the eyes or the school by haircut.

Now on with the movie. This is a movie that actually showcases the big fun sport of UFC - Ultimate Fighting Champions. Yes we have boxing and wrestling and golf movies and this is the first to feature UFC. This movie being a non-basketball movie from Hollywood is actually a better any latest Adam Sandler movie.

Its about a teacher raising money to save a co-worker's job by fighting Mixed Martial Arts. Or should I say Mixed martial Arts rather than UFC. Since its a UFC movie oh I mean mixed martial arts (MMA) some notable people from UFC are in this movie as themselves. I  don't know them except for the host of Fear Factor. The teacher then meets a gan of friends helping him out, the music teacher, Salma Hayek, immigrants, students and a groupd of Thai craze MMA white boys. I didn't know Charice is in this movie too.

Not a bad movie for a man comedy. It has its hilarious parts and didn't miss on the soft spots and if David O. Russell directed this movie instead of The Fighter he would make this an Oscar nominated film, seriously. The fight scenes at the end were scenes to watch and not to miss and well crafted.

No comments:

Post a Comment